We are excited to be working on placing a Payroll & Benefits Manager for our client in NYC. The Payroll & Benefits Manager will play a key role on the finance team as well as the company. As the key interface to all employees in this critical position you will manage the relationship between the external benefits brokers, international benefits support staff, and company employees. A top benefits plan plus open communications with the CEO, a stocked pantry, and casual dress every day.
Requirements for the Payroll & Benefits Manager:
- 8-10 years of experience, overseeing payroll processing for 500 plus domestic & global employees
- Experience with the administration and analysis of domestic & global employee benefit programs, included but not limited to 401k, medical, dental, vision, PTO, and peripheral benefits.
- Have worked within a high-growth, fast-paced organization.
- Have experience integrating businesses from acquisitions into payroll processes.
- International experience with foreign payroll laws and understand the impact of cultural differences on staff.
- Experience in presentations to senior management and all relevant stakeholders regarding payroll costs and benefits.
- Intense attention to detail and organization.
- A mindset for evaluating processes and driving continuous improvement and efficiency.
- Advanced Excel and reporting skills.
- Experience with ADP or other Payroll Services.
- Experience with equity-based compensation schemes and related taxes.
Responsibilities for the Payroll & Benefits Manager:
- Performing the semi-monthly payroll production and related payroll and benefit functions with minimum errors and maximum efficiency.
- Administering and leading all employee benefits programs (medical, dental, vision, disability, FSA) with respect to new hires, terminations, annual open enrollment, etc.
- Conducting evaluations of industry standards and benchmarking for employee benefits programs & negotiating with external benefit brokers to maximize value.
- Preparing special reports for the Executive team as well as the Finance and Human Resources functions & responding to data requests from Department of Labor and other government agencies as required.
- Processing involuntary deductions such as levies and garnishments, and voluntary deductions such medical benefits, 401(k) and commuter deductions.
- Leading corporate wide projects to improve payroll processes & being responsible for the resolution of non-routine payroll-related issues.
- Overseeing all payroll vendor management including system issues, improvements as well as the implementation of any upgrades.
- Managing payroll-related audits (internal/external, 401k, etc.), W-2 production & distribution.
- Coordinate with the external vendor to manage tax filings and remittances for several states and the federal government.
- Administering 401(k) plan with respect to enrollments, terminations, contributions, loan administration, compliance testing, Form 5500 preparation, etc.
- Overseeing time tracking and leave management systems to ensure employees’ time is properly recorded and related pay transactions are processed accurately.